Ads are an integral part of the internet, but they can be a nuisance, causing distractions and slowing down web pages. Also, these ads can often be distracting and interrupt our work.
An Ad-blocker Chrome extension is a great way to improve your web browsing experience by removing ads and unwanted content from websites. In this article, we’ll walk you through choosing among some of the best ad blocker extensions for Chrome according to your needs.
What is an Ad Blocker Extension?
Ad blockers are applications that prevent unwanted ads from appearing on web pages, either by replacing them with other content or displaying a blank spot.
Ad blocker extensions for Google Chrome can provide a clean workspace by blocking distracting ads and preventing accidental clicks on malicious ones, ensuring a good user experience and protecting against potential scams.
Why use an Ad Blocker Extension?
Several ads on the page can sometimes be very distractive and harmful. Clicking on ads can even lead to data loss or malicious attacks. Thus, having the Best ad blocker extension for Chrome can help you prevent such attacks.
Here are some of the benefits of installing ad blocker extensions:
- No Pop-Ups
- Improves Browsing Experience
- YouTube ‘Skip Ad’ feature
- Protects Your Privacy
- Faster Load Time
However, these ads can often be distracting and interrupt our work.
Best Ad Blocker Extensions for Chrome
There are numerous ad blocker extensions in the market today. Each solves the purpose of blocking unwanted ads. But not all the ad blocker extensions perform the task efficiently.
Here are some of the top ad blocker extensions for Google Chrome:
AdBlock is one of the popular ad blocker extensions that can block ads on popular websites like Facebook, YouTube, etc. With this ad blocker extension, you can choose to whitelist websites, view certain ads, or block all the advertisements that are displayed.
the AdBlock extension is available for various browsers like Safari, Edge, Chrome, and Firefox.
You can choose the AdBlock ad blocker extension for Chrome because of the following benefits:
- It is available in many countries. Thus, the majority of people can use it to block unwanted ads
- It can remove third-party trackers from your browser.
- It also blocks ads with malicious trackers and phishing websites.
- It allows customizing the extension by providing custom filters, dark mode, etc.
- You can ask for support through the ticketing system they provide.
- It is completely free to use. Thus, if its features suit your requirements, you can install the AdBlock ad blocker extension for Google Chrome.
#2 Total Adblock
What Is Total AdBlock?
You can choose total AdBlock for the following benefits:
- It provides you the control of your online browsing activity.
- It is supported in multiple browsers with Google Chrome.
- It blocks all unwanted trackers and ads over the internet.
- It is available in multiple languages. You can choose the language according to your choices.
- It improves the browsing experience and the page load time.
- Total AdBlock has a free trial plan for a lifetime. The paid plan for the ad blocker extension starts at $29 a year. You can choose the version of the extension according to your requirements.
Do you ever wonder how to block video ads? You can do it with AdLock ad blocker extensions for Google Chrome. It can also identify malicious website links on the page and remove them to protect your privacy. It prevents access to your private information entered on the website.
You can choose AdLock for the following benefits:
- It is available in multiple languages. You can choose the language according to your preferences.
- It is an effective ad-blocking extension to block cryptocurrency mining ads, pop-ups, and many more.
- The extension is available for multiple browsers like Safari, Edge, etc.
- It provides safe browsing and speeds up your browser page loading
- It can automatically trace spyware and bugs on websites and remove them.
- Adlock provides a 14-day free trial for every user. In these 14 days, you can thoroughly test the functionality. The paid plan of the ad blocker extension starts from 3.5$ a month. There is also a discount if you buy the paid plan for a year.
AdGuard is a Google Chrome ad blocker extension that protects you from phishing websites. It is one of the best ad blocker extensions for Google Chrome online. It can automatically identify tracking websites and prevent access to personal data and information.
It seamlessly blocks pop-ups and video ads without interfering with your browser activity.
You can choose AdGuard because of the following advantages:
- It is one of the best ad pop-up blocker extensions available online. It is available in the most popular countries including the USA, India, Canada, Spain, Germany, and the UK.
- It helps in saving bandwidth and makes the page load faster
- You can contact its customer support via email. It is one of the easiest ways to get help in troubleshooting issues. It effectively blocks tracking ads, wishing websites, pop-up ads, and video ads.
- The AdGuard extension provides a lifetime free plan with a limited number of features. The paid plan starts from 2.49$ a month. It depends upon your requirements to choose between the free plan or paid plan.
#5 Adblock Plus
Adblock Plus makes it to the list of the best free ad blocker extensions available for Google Chrome. It effectively blocks pop-up ads, video ads, and banner ads on websites. It can also block tracking and phishing websites attached to ads on the web pages.
It is an open-source ad blocker extension for Chrome. Thus, you can modify it according to your requirements.
You can choose AdBlock plus ad blocker extension for Chrome because of the following benefits:
- It is an open-source extension for Google Chrome. You can customize it according to your needs and requirements.
- It is available in a plethora of languages in multiple countries.
- It also removes third-party trackers and phishing website links
- It also offers other features like whitelisting, preventing malvertising, etc.
- It is very easy to install, use and customize.
- It is an open-source ad blocker extension for Google Chrome. Thus, it is lifetime free for every user.
Ghostery is one of the best ad blocker extensions that can speed up your page fast. The privacy extension helps in blocking annoying ads over the page and trackers.
This extension lets you view the trackers on the website that collects personal information. Thus, you can control access to your data on websites.
You can choose the Ghostery ad blocker extension for Google Chrome because of the following benefits:
- The extension dashboard provides all the relevant information about trackers and blocking ads.
- It lets you view the trackers that can access your personal information
- It makes the page load faster by removing all the annoying ads.
- It also provides a safe search engine to work without worrying about privacy issues.
- With its data alerting and tracking insights, you control data usage and access.
- Ghostery ad blocker extension provides a seven-day free trial for the users. Its paid plan starts from $4.99 a month. However, there are discounts if you buy the yearly plan.
#7 uBlock Origin
uBlock origin is one of the best cross-platform ad blocker extensions for Google Chrome. It provides real-time ad-blocking and content-filtering features. With uBlock origin, you can permanently block ads for specific websites.
It is also an open-source ad blocker extension for Google Chrome. You can choose uBlock origin because of the following benefits:
- The ad blocker extension provides several filters for blocking unwanted content and ads.
- It is available for multiple browsers with Google Chrome.
- It is an open-source ad blocker extension. You can customize it according to your preferences.
- It also offers an online malicious URL blocklist.
- It blocks all the third-party trackers on the website.
- Since it is an open-source ad blocker extension, it is free to download and use for all the supported browsers.
Best Chrome Extension for Pop-Up Blocking
Pop-ups are one of the annoying ads that are displayed on web pages. These pop-up ads can play video ads and can also link to other websites. Malicious attackers link phishing websites with these pop-up ads. Thus, having Chrome extensions for pop-up blocking can help you prevent such malicious attacks.
Here are some of the best Chrome extensions for pop-up blocking:
#8 Pop-Up Blocker For Chrome
Pop-ups are often irritating while you have to work on the webpage. Blocking pop-up ads increases your browser speed and reduces the page load time. Pop-up blocker Chrome extension is one of the best Google Chrome extensions for pop-up blocking.
It can block unwanted pop-up ads on social media websites also. With this pop-up blocking extension you can enjoy a seamless experience on different social media platforms.
you can choose a pop-up blocker for the Chrome extension because of the following benefits:
- It can block all unwanted pop-up ads on social media platforms
- With pop-up blocker extension, you can avoid notifications and tracker cookies also
- It can stop disturbing overlays on the page that you are working
- You can view the blocked content history to know what type of content is blocked
- You can also create a whitelist of the websites where you don’t want to block pop-ups and ads.
- It is a free Google Chrome extension for blocking pop-ups. You can install it from the Google extension store for your browser. It is also available for other browsers like Firefox, etc.
#9 AdBlocker Ultimate
It is one of the best Google Chrome extensions for blocking pop-up and video ads. With its exceptional ad-blocking technologies, it can block video ads, commercial ads, and pop-up ads. It is available for other browsers like Firefox, Safari, Edge, Opera, etc.
It also offers privacy protection, customization in block preferences, and hiding Google headers in HTTP requests. You can also create a list of trustworthy websites on which you do not want to block ads.
You can choose AdBlocker Ultimate Google Chrome extensions because of the following advantages:
- It can block pop-up ads, video ads, and banner ads
- It protects your data from trackers and analyzers
- The interface of the ad blocker extension is easy to understand and use
- It blocks potential phishing websites and prevents online threats
- You can install the extensions on your android devices and also
- The AdBlocker Ultimate extension provides a 14-day free trial. The paid plan of the ad blocker extension starts from $29.95 a year. It is a one-time purchase and you can ensure your privacy for a year.
Best Chrome Extension for Youtube Ad Blocking
Do you love watching Youtube videos on your browser? If yes, then you may find some annoying ads and pop-ups while you watch videos. Such annoying ideas interrupt the video flow. Installing Chrome extensions for YouTube ad blocking can help you prevent such unwanted ads from pop-up in the middle of the video.
Here are some of the best Chrome extensions for YouTube ad blocking:
#10 AdBlock for YouTube
AdBlock is one of the best Chrome extensions for blocking pop-up ads on YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook. It effectively blocks advertisements on YouTube while you enjoy your video.
It allows you to create a list of websites where you want to watch advertisements. You can block all the advertisements by default.
You can choose AdBlock for the YouTube Chrome extension because of the following benefits:
- It effectively blocks all advertisements on YouTube.
- It is available in multiple languages like English, Deutsch, Polski, and many other
- It can remove third-party app trackers that track your browsing behavior.
- You can customize the data you see in the extension dashboard by adding or removing filters
- You can add your ad-blocking rules for websites.
- It is a free extension to download and use.
#11 Skip Ad
Skip ad is one of the best Google Chrome extensions for blocking ads on YouTube. It automatically skips ads while you play your favorite video on YouTube. It removes the ads played at the start of the YouTube videos.
With the skip ad extension, you do not have to click the skip ad button in the middle of the Youtube video. The extension does it automatically.
You can choose the skip ad to Google Chrome extension for blocking ads on Youtube because of the following benefits:
- It automatically skips ads on Youtube
- It effectively blocks silent ads on Youtube which are not blocked by other popular ad blocker extensions
- It allows you to have an uninterrupted video-watching experience
- It also blocks banner ads displayed at the start of Youtube videos.
- It is easy to install and use.
- The extension is free to use. You can download it from the Google Chrome web store and it will be ready to use. After installing the ads, refresh the page to see the extension in effect.
Comparison of Ad Blocker Chrome Extensions
|Blocks ads, popups, and tracking scripts
|Free & Paid
|Blocks ads, popups, and tracking scripts, supports multiple browsers
|Free & Paid
|Blocks ads, popups, and tracking scripts, filters malicious websites
|Blocks ads, popups, and tracking scripts, allows some acceptable ads
|Free & Paid
|Blocks ads, popups, and tracking scripts, whitelist feature, supports multiple browsers
|Blocks ads, popups, and tracking scripts, provides detailed tracking reports
|Blocks ads, popups, and tracking scripts, lightweight and fast, supports multiple browsers
|Skips YouTube video ads
Ad blocker extensions for Chrome help to block unwanted ads and pop-ups on various platforms. There are several extensions available for blocking ads on Google Chrome.
There are top ad-blocking extensions for Google Chrome, the best ad extensions for blocking pop-ups in the list above. There are also Chrome extensions for blocking banner ads and pop-up ads on YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter.
You can choose the ad blocker extension that suits your requirements.
How To Install And Use An Ad Blocker Extension
Here are the steps that you can follow to install adblocker extensions for Google Chrome:
Open the Google Chrome web store, type the name of the ad blocker extension that you want to install in the search box, click on the extension name from the search results, and click the add to Chrome button to install the extension in your browser.
Some extensions require page reload or browser relaunch to be in effect.
If you are looking for a detailed guide on how to add Chrome extensions check our guide to install a Chrome extension
Advertising has become more prevalent in the digital age as marketers use it to reach potential customers.
With digital marketing, ads have started to float all around the web. You can see ads on every platform and every page. Such ads are sometimes annoying and unwanted.
Malicious users use ads to track personal data and attempt data theft. Thus, using ad blocker extensions helps to block all unwanted ads and prevent malicious attacks.
There are several best Google Chrome extensions for ad blocking. You can install the ad-blocking extensions that fit your requirements.